Our boutique agency is growing – fast and furious. And we want an experienced, creative, and fun-loving marketing strategist to join the team. Check out the full job description below to learn more.
The Brand Collective is a team of writers, designers, and marketing strategists fueled by a singular purpose—brand elevation. We’re looking to add an experienced marketing strategist to our team. Someone who will be excited to be a part of a growing boutique agency that is best known for its thoughtful, intentional, and remarkable creative work.
The role of the TBC marketing strategist (MS) is both organizational and creative. The MS is a project manager, a disciplined follow-upper and keep-in-toucher with clients, and an active participant in the development of creative campaigns and marketing programs for TBC clients. The marketing strategist researches and analyzes clients’ markets, including customer needs and attitudes and helps the creative team to translate insights into advertising, brand, and creative strategies. The MS tracks market trends and customer behavioral shifts and relates changes to team members. The MS also oversees the successful implementation of our clients’ campaigns, marketing research and planning, direct marketing, and brand development.
As official company task master, the TBC MS will…
- Develop timelines and deadlines for client projects and programs
- Ensure project management software is consistently up to date and accurately reflects client project status
- Help the creative team stay on track
As a dedicated project manager, the TBC MS will…
- Be present at initial client meetings; make contact with clients early on in the relationship
to build trust
- Develop brand briefs and client profiles
- Follow up regularly with clients to provide status updates, ask questions, and conduct
- Manage and coordinate brand strategy work with clients—scheduling focus groups,
debriefing clients, writing brand strategy executive summaries and analyses
As a creative TBC team member, the TBC MS will…
- Actively participate in team brainstorming sessions, contributing to creative sessions, content development, providing the market research, background, and data necessary to inform creative decisions
- Proactively develop client marketing programs and strategies in collaboration with the
- Participate (with all TBC team members) in active marketing for TBC—blog writing, social media content, email marketing, etc.
- BS/BA (4-year college degree) and at least 3 years of strategic marketing experience
- Excellent analytical, communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable and confident talking to, meeting with, managing, and communicating with clients
- Google analytics certified (or willing to become so)
- Knowledge of and general competence in the Adobe Creative Suite—InDesign, Illustrator,
and Photoshop (or willing to learn)
- Adept at communicating across a variety of marketing platforms – social media, web, print, advertising, email
- Comfortable in the digital space; well versed in SEO
- A great listener and a great asker of questions
- A keen understanding of content marketing and a knowledge of influencer marketing
- Curiosity and a deep desire to want to fully understand client needs
- Willingness to work as part of a team and independently in a creative environment that is detail-oriented, fast-paced, and often faced with tight deadlines
- An innate sense of urgency that motivates you to lead projects to fruition
- Confidence, passion, and belief in what you do and recommend
- A sense of humor
Who are our clients?
Our site will give you a brief look (www.brandmaine.com). We are fortunate to have a variety of clients across a number of industries. We really like our clients and think every one of them has an important story to tell. That is important to us.
As you consider applying, please keep in mind that we are a very busy company, and we have a small team of 5 people. We all roll up our sleeves and work together to deliver superior solutions for our clients. If you have that kind of energy and drive and would enjoy working with a small, but mighty team, you’re the marketing strategist for us.
What The Brand Collective provides:
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, paid vacation, health insurance, and we will stock the fridge with whatever drinks and snacks make you happy.
If you think this is a position you can thrive in, enjoy and be passionate about, please send an email with a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com.
The Brand Collective is an equal opportunity employer.
Just a final note from us…
Think about this role; it’s pretty cool. We’re a 5-year-old boutique agency that is growing fast. There is great opportunity to help shape TBC’s voice, client base, processes, capabilities, and grow our company story. Furthermore, our people rock. We believe good company culture is key, and we want each team member to feel like a perfect fit. We like our colleagues, and we like our clients. Know that your participation would have tremendous meaning and a huge impact on both our company and our clients.